$190 discounted appointment for children 8 years and under who are not covered by private dental health insurance.
Comprehensive examination and oral hygiene appointment (a thorough “check-up and clean”).
This appointment includes
- Full comprehensive examination
- Dental charting
- Digital imaging
- Diagnostic x-rays (if required*)
- Treatment planning
- Oral cancer screening
- Professional clean and polish
- Fluoride application
- Oral hygiene education
* up to 2x intra-oral radiographs included in this offer.
Information about the appointment
This initial comprehensive appointment allows us to obtain a complete understanding of your child’s dental health and general health, so we can establish a personalised plan to manage their current and future oral care needs.
Your child with be seen by both a dentist and a dental hygienist, who will spend the time to get to know your child and ensure they feel comfortable in our care. Our practitioners will provide a thorough service and will go over the results of the appointment in detail with you. You will also be provided ample opportunity to discuss any of your questions or concerns.
If your child is an anxious patient, our understanding team will go out of their way to help them feel as relaxed as possible throughout the appointment.
Detailed appointment summary
Your child’s dentist will comprehensively (but gently) assess their whole mouth including their teeth, gums and soft tissue. This includes:
- Assessment of their oral condition, including detecting if any tooth decay or gum disease is present.
- Complete charting of their existing oral condition. This is a record of all their teeth, noting the current condition of each individual tooth, any teeth that might be missing, and any additional teeth they might have.
- A bite assessment (how their teeth bite together).
- Thorough oral mucosal examination. This includes checking their cheeks, lips, tongue, throat and palate for oral cancer or any abnormalities.
- Assessment of their jaw joints, including jaw mobility.
- Examination of the lymph nodes in the head and neck area for any pain or tenderness.
- Taking intra-oral photos if required, to clearly show you what the dentist is seeing.
- Taking diagnostic x-rays if required.
Your child’s dental hygienist will perform a thorough oral health assessment and clean. This includes:
- Professional clean (scale) of their teeth and gums to remove any plaque or calculus. They will also provide a fluoride treatment to help strengthen their enamel, and polish their teeth to remove stains and produce a smooth and shiny surface.
- Assessment of gum health.
- Discussing lifestyle factors (such as diet).
- Providing advice and education on a number of oral health topics that are specific to you and your child.
Please note this offer is only valid for new patients 8 years old and under.