No out-of-pocket expenses (No Gap) with private dental health insurance.
Comprehensive examination and oral hygiene appointment (a thorough “check-up and clean”).
This appointment includes
- Full comprehensive examination
- Dental charting
- Digital imaging
- Diagnostic x-rays (if required*)
- Treatment planning
- Oral cancer screening
- Professional clean and polish
- Fluoride application
- Periodontal charting
- Oral hygiene education
* up to 4x intra-oral radiographs and 1x OPG are included in this offer.
Information about the appointment
This initial comprehensive appointment allows us to obtain a complete understanding of your dental health and general health, so we can establish a personalised plan to manage your current and future oral care needs, and achieve your dental health goals.
You with be seen by both a dentist and a dental hygienist, who will spend the time to get to know you and ensure you feel comfortable in our care. They will provide a thorough service and will go over the results of your appointment in detail with you. You will also be provided ample opportunity to discuss any of your dental questions or concerns, as well as any treatments you might be interested in.
If you are an anxious patient, our understanding team will go out of their way to help you feel as relaxed as possible throughout the appointment.
Detailed appointment summary
Your dentist will comprehensively (but gently) assess your whole mouth including your teeth, gums and soft tissue. This includes:
- Assessment of your oral condition, including detecting if any tooth decay or gum disease is present.
- Complete charting of your existing oral condition. This is a record of all your teeth, noting the current condition of each individual tooth, any teeth you might be missing, and any additional teeth you might have.
- A bite assessment (how your teeth bite together).
- Thorough oral mucosal examination. This includes checking your cheeks, lips, tongue, throat and palate for oral cancer or any abnormalities.
- Assessment of your jaw joints, including jaw mobility.
- Examination of the lymph nodes in the head and neck area for any pain or tenderness.
- Taking intra-oral photos if required, to clearly show the patient what the dentist is seeing.
- Taking diagnostic x-rays if required.
Your dental hygienist will perform a thorough oral health assessment and clean. This includes:
- Professional clean (scale) of your teeth and gums to remove any plaque or calculus. They will also provide a fluoride treatment to help strengthen your enamel, and polish your teeth to remove stains and produce a smooth and shiny surface.
- Assessment of gum health.
- Discussing your lifestyle factors (such as diet).
- Providing advice and education on a number of oral health topics that are specific to you.
Please note this offer is only valid for new patients.