Paedodontics (Children’s Dentistry)
We bulk bill the Medicare Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
To find out more click here.
Care for your Child (Paedodontics)
At VC Dental, our experienced Dental Surgeons and Dental Hygienists are particularly aware of the specific needs of the many families and children of our Centre.
We cater to this most important area of our practice by providing child play areas, child minding and conducting child tours of our practice. We believe in the early involvement of children in the dental environment. This enables early intervention with preventative care such as dietary advice, oral hygiene techniques, supplements if required, or simply accompanying a parent to familiarise the child with the dental experience. Early involvement and diagnosis (rather than waiting for a painful problem) helps prevent the phobias of yesteryear and allows for a higher standard of care.
Early childhood examinations will assess:
- Hereditary problems. For example, malformed or missing teeth.
- Rate of decay or caries indexes.
- The need for preventative supplements, such as fluoride or fissure sealants.
- Hygiene techniques and instructions.
- Our Dental Department will check the developing growth relation between the jaws, the tooth size to jaw size relationship and the need for any orthopaedic appliance therapy.
- We will assess Para functional habits such as finger sucking and tongue thrusting.
- Our Dental Department will assess the need for banding to correct dental malalignment.
Early intervention can prevent a lifetime of problems; as such, the care of our children at VC Dental is of a paramount importance in the delivery of quality dental care.
Open 7 days
65 years Central Coast owned and operated.Contact Us
- Monday 8:30am - 6:30pm
- Tuesday8:30am - 8:00pm
- Wednesday8:30am - 6:00pm
- Thursday8:30am - 6:00pm
- Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Saturday9:00am - 4:00pm
- Sunday9:00am - 4:00pm